Another great week in BroncoLand! We should all be proud of the great work we are doing! We are making a difference with the kids!
Kudos to Ms Rivera’s Spanish Class! There were Skyping with a classroom in Texas! Our students were asking questions in Spanish to native Spanish speakers who were answering in English. Lots of fun exchanges here! This lesson created a meaningful, relevant experience for our learners! #globallearning
- Welcome our newest Bronco Ms Donna Campbell when you see her! She is the newest addition to our custodial staff and has come with some great recommendations and recognitions for her work! She will be joining us during the day time to help with making SLMS shine!
- Big week for the SLMS Performing Arts Dept:
- What Culture Are We Promoting? This week, we’ve been having conversations with teachers about rigorous instructions and what we need to do to provide instruction that will serve our learners. Given that we’re approaching April, conversations normally move towards an area we are all to familiar with – getting ready for EOGs! I often hear teachers saying things like ‘We are buckling down!‘ or ‘Now we have to get serious to get ready for the test!‘. When we started the school year, I made a point to mention several times we wouldn’t be making grand gestures to get ready for EOGs like stop teaching certain courses or totally rearranging our schedule. This all goes towards the same point – Everyday we should be buckling down and providing the great instruction our learners need to be successful. We shouldn’t hold out any high value presentations, activities or strategies for our students for the month of April. Everyday is a valuable day. Learners need to buckle down on August 25th and then we relax up on June 11th! We should be building a culture of high value, high impact instruction everyday! Our learners deserve no less.
- Benchmark Testing – Monday 3.24 – Thursday 3.27 [Please make sure you refer to the testing plan]
- Monday 3.24 – Soccer @ NCMS
- Tuesday 3.25 – Baseball/Softball against NCMS @ Home
- Wednesday is a Make Up Snow Day
- Thursday 3.27 – Baseball/Softball against JGMS @ Home
- Thursday 3.27 – Monthly BT meeting
- I have added two pages to this blog, ‘Changing How Learners Learn’ and ‘Changing how Teachers Teach’. I will be archiving some of the resources and adding new resources to these pages. You can check there regularly for resources. You can also make suggestions for these pages in the comments sections
- 9 Steps to Scaffold Learning For Improved Understanding
- 2 Great Web Tools for Classroom Management [Several of our teachers use one of these tools with great success]
- How teachers can make cell phones work in the classroom
- 8 Tips for Reaching Out to Parents
- 10 Engaging Activities for Students Who Finish Work Early