Great, TRULY great things in BroncoLand!
- Congrats to Ms Jackson! She has been selected as one of the several teachers across the state for the Governor’s Teacher Network! This is a great honor for her! Great to have a Bronco representing SLMS!
- Thanks to Mr Barge for helping organize our Masquerade Ball! If you were here, you saw a great event! This was truly an unforgettable event. Catered food, professional pictures, live band, custom decorations – this was above and beyond! None of this could have been made possible without the help and support of most of the staff members at SLMS! I’m not going to try to name all the hands that were involved in making this great night happen but they were instrumental in making this happen. Thank you all for helping create this memorable experience.
- Lots of smiling faces at our awards celebrations! Thanks to you all for working through the scramble and all the activity make sure our students received the accolades for their the 4th nine weeks. Special shout out to the 6th grade teachers! All teachers kept their programs tight and well run but the 6th grade teachers took managing student behavior to another level.
- Thanks to Ms Hurley, Mr Morgan and the elective teachers for helping run great field days! Its always good to give kids a time to stretch out and run a little after being inside and testing! They appreciated it and we appreciate it!
- If you are purchase cards for grandparents for Grandparents Day, make sure you buy one for our Mr McGeehan! As of Friday, he is the new proud grandfather of a healthy baby boy! Mom and son are doing well! Congrats Granpa McGeehan!!
- Thanks to everyone for a great couple of weeks of testing! It took cooperation and effort from everyone to make sure all of our kids got tested and that we did it an efficient manner!
For the inspiration, I’m including pictures from our awards ceremonies and 8th grade dances. These are both great examples of the great, exhausting work we as educators engage in and agree to do for the sake of providing great experiences for our students. These last two weeks were exhausting very long days for all of us but we can be proud of our work and efforts because we helped provide some great memories and experiences for our students. Years from now, these Broncos will look back on these weeks and remember fondly and proudly of these events. Thanks for what you’ve done to make this possible.
- Monday 6.09
- Faculty Meeting
- Tuesday 6.10
- Last day of school
- 2 hour early release
- Wednesday 6.11 – Friday 6.13
- Teacher Workdays
Please begin working on your check out lists as soon as possible!