Hope You Had a Great Spring Break!
This was a great time to recharge. I spent some time with my family, had some great adventures and now I’m ready to come back to BroncoLand and make sure that we finish strong! We’ll need that same energy level and commitment from everyone. Let’s commit to finishing strong! Our kids deserve it.
Our newest Bronco, Zechariah Abraham! Ms Abraham and baby are doing well! Zechariah is one healthy Bronco!
BroncoTime! We will be running BroncoTime for the next 4 weeks! This is designed to be targeted intervention time for students. In our small groups, we should be using different strategies from our regular time in the classroom. Let’s think different strategies for filling in the gaps our kids may have.
Found this great video on how to effectively run a one-computer classroom. We are blessed to have the tech resources we have but every now and then the labs and carts can all be unavailable at the same time. That doesn’t mean we can’t move forward with our lesson – we have to adjust.
With our great resources available – MobyMax, SchoolNet, Tenmarks, Teacher Toolbox – we can really make a difference for some students. Careful planning is the key.
Monday April 13
Tuesday April 14
- Mission Possible Workshop – Lazar with 6th students [select]
- Track Meet @ Reid Ross
Wednesday April 15
- Rising 6th Grade Visit – WT Brown ES, Lillian Black ES, Manchester ES
- Soccer @ Nick Jeralds MS
Thursday April 16
- 8th Grade Field Trip – John Pechman Center/Lake Rim 8:30 am [Blue Team]
- Rising 6th Grade Visit – College Lakes ES, Warrenwood ES
- Baseball/Softball vs Nick Jeralds MS at Home
- Best Practices Workshop – Ireleand Drive MS 4:00 pm
Friday April 17
- Freestyle Picture Day
- 8th Grade Field Trip – John Pechman Center/Lake Rim 8:30 am [Gold Team]
Saturday April 18
- CCS Job Fair at Jack Britt High School
- Quick Formative Assessments
- Resources for Using iPads in Grades 6-8
- 7 Math Tools to Energize Advanced Learners
- Why formative assessment should be an enduring priority for every teacher
- 60 Non-Threatening Formative Assessment Techniques
- 53 Ways to Check for Understanding
- 7 Digital Resource Must-Haves for #BYOD / #BYOT Teaching + Learning
- 27 effective ways to get students to pay attention
- 7 Ways To Prevent Cyberbullying